Thursday, March 27, 2014

Harry Potter #1 Book Review

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Harry Potter Book #1 of 7) by J.K. Rowling






















Paperback223 pages
Read: Mar. 25 - Mar. 26.
Rating: 5/5
Genres: Adventure, Fantasy, Magic
Summery: Harry Potter thinks he is an ordinary boy - until he is rescued by an owl, taken to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, learns to play Quidditch and does battle in a deadly duel. The Reason: HARRY POTTER IS A WIZARD!

Review: This story starts out with the Dursleys' on the day of Lord Voldemort's downfall. It's not until the second chapter (nearly ten years have passed) that we get to harry, and his point of view. I really loved this book, I enjoyed harry as a character. My favorite side characters in the book were Fred and George, the Christmas jumper scene was one of my favorite parts of the book. I also really like Hagrid. This book was a great start to the series. I bought the book with the original title, i'm kinda sad that the title ended up being changed for the Philosopher's Stone to the Sorcerer's Stone, This is the one thing that bothered me.

Before this I had only read the third book in this series. And I own all the movies, but have only seen the first four fully around the time they came out, and have seen snippets of the other four movies.

Book to Movie Rating: 4.50/5
Thoughts on the Book to Movie: I like the movie, It was better than some other book to movie adaptations. There are some scenes in the movie that I wish were more like the book, The Forbidden Forest, and Norbert the Dragon, and a few things involving the trapdoor, the reveal, and the hospital. I also kind of wish that the scene involving Fred, George, and Percy at Christmas from the book was in the movie. It was a good book to movie adaptation.

Hope Everybody had/has a good day : )

No comments:

Post a Comment