Thursday, October 2, 2014

The Scorch Trials book review

The Scorch Trials (The Maze Runner book #2 of 4) by James Dashner
























Paperback361 pages
Read: Sept. 21-22 and Oct. 2
Rating: 4/5
Genres: Young Adult, Dystopia, Action, Adventure, Post-apocalyptic
Summery: Solving the Maze was supposed to be the end.
Thomas was sure that escape from the Maze would mean freedom for him and the Gladers. But WICKED isn't done yet. Phase Two has just begun. The Scorch.
There are no rules. There is no help. You either make it or you die.
The Gladers have two weeks to cross through the Scorch—the most burned-out section of the world. And WICKED has made sure to adjust the variables and stack the odds against them.
Friendships will be tested. Loyalties will be broken. All bets are off.
There are others now. Their survival depends on the Gladers’ destruction—and they’re determined to survive.

Review: This starts off right where the first one left off, with Thomas and the rest of the Gladers being lead into a false sense of safety. I really enjoyed the first third and the last third of the book, parts of the middle were good but quite a bit was kind of silly, especially chapter 36 and 37, those chapters took me out of the story a little bit. I was also annoyed with the first 2/3's of the book when it came to Thomas' thought process about Teresa. I liked the little bit I got of Group B. Parts of it were kind of predictable, especially with this being WICKED, you know certain things are going to happen, such as Teresa and Aris (that one was a little obvious, and had me frustrated with Thomas), the ending was kind of anti-climatic, and kind of obvious as well (of course it's not over), there were also times that I had felt really frustrated with Thomas because it was obvious what was going to happen, yet he still did them then seemed surprised at what happened after the fact. I liked Jorge, certain moments with Brenda bothered me (the involvement with them was also obvious). I still really like Minho and Newt, I also wish we could have gotten a little bit more with them, as well as with Group B. I also accidentally found out a little bit about what was going to happen in the third book (with Newt) thanks to reading some comments for/about the movie, I'm still trying to prepare for some of what I found out about that. I still really liked the book, it was a good sequel and I'm excited to read the 3rd sequel, as well as the prequel.


Hope everybody had/has a great day : )

No comments:

Post a Comment