Friday, February 21, 2014

Book + Series Review

Eona (Dragoneye Reborn Series Book #2 of 2) by Alison Goodman



















Paperback657 pages
Read: Feb. 19 - Feb. 21
Rating: 2.5/5
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy, Adventure, Action, Mythology, Romance
Summery: Once she was Eon, a girl disguised as a boy, risking her life for the chance to become a Dragoneye apprentice.Now she is Eona, the Mirror Dragoneye, her country's savior - but she has an even more dangerous secret.
She cannot control her power.
Each she tries to bond with her Mirror Dragon, she becomes a conduit for the ten spirit dragons whose Dragoneyes were murdered by Lord Ido. Their anguish floods through her, twisting her ability into a force that destroys the land and it's people.
And another force of destruction is on her trail.
Along with Ryko and Lady Dela, Eona is on the run from High Lord Sethon's army. Sethon has declared himself Emperor. In order to stop him, the renegades must find Kygo, the young Pearl Emperor, who needs Eona's power if he is to wrest back his throne.

Review: We rejoin Eona three daybreaks after the events of Eon. The first chapter you find out what Eona's ability with her Dragon is, along with how powerful and destructive it can be. I really enjoyed Eona, it is a great sequel, I was nervous that it would fall flat like some continuations do, thankfully it didn't. Although I had some issues with Eona's choices and thoughts, i still enjoyed her as a character. If you have seen or read other reviews (Spoiler-filled or not) then you know there is a love triangle in this book, I think it was handled better then most young adult love triangles, and although some of my issues with Eona were involving the triangle it was handled well and resolved in a way that was believable to me. And although I was very upset about what happen's to a character that i liked it was a great sequel and ending to this series.

Series Review: I really loved this series, it was written and paced very well and even though I didn't agree with some of the choices of the characters I still enjoyed the characters. I really liked the descriptions of the world and places they were enough for me to picture them without being too much to where it felt over described and long winded, I also really liked the pacing, it was at a fast enough pace that I didn't feel like I had read past a chapter and missed everything, it also wasn't so slow that it felt like the chapters and story itself dragged on. I enjoyed Eona as a character, although i questioned and didn't agree with some her choices, Goodman wrote Eona in a way that while I didn't like some of the things she did I at least understood where she was coming from. Kygo is similar to Eona in this matter for me, that while I didn't agree with some of his choices I understood where he was coming from. Lady Dela was my favorite, both she and Rilla had Eona's best interests at heart and would tell Eona when she was in the wrong, I really enjoyed Dela and Ryko's relationship.All in all I think the series was great, and Alison Goodman did a good job with it.

Series Rating: 3/5

Hope everybody had/has a great day : )

No comments:

Post a Comment