Thursday, June 28, 2018

Update + July TBR

I had some life/health issues that came up and was not feeling up to read these last few years. But, I finally feel somewhat better and more inspired to read, let's hope that feeling doesn't fade mid month/year. I have also changed the way I categorize my bookshelves and my TBR books.

Anyway let's get on to the books I want to read in July...

For the Adult category book: In Deep Voodoo (Voodoo in Mojo #1 of 2) BY Stephanie Bond

I read this book  WAY back in '05. I have a pretty good memory of it, and I also remember really enjoying it. So we'll see if I enjoy it second time around.











For the Children's/Middle Grade category: James And The Giant Peach BY Roald Dahl

I watch the movie that based on this book back when I was a kid and have vague memories of it. Hopefully I'll like the book.











For the Classics category: Travels With Charley In Search Of America BY John Steinbeck

I'm most apprehensive about this one because, besides Brave New World and 1985, I don't have the greatest luck with classics. So hopefully I enjoy i well enough.

















For the LGBT+ category: Everything Leads To You BY Nina LaCour

This category, as well as book, I'm most excited about. I have heard great things about both this book and the authors other books, So I'm very optimistic about liking this one.


















And lastly for the Young Adult category: Stranger With My Face BY Lois Duncan

I have not heard much about what this book is about. I found it at Goodwill and knew there was a movie based off it, so I decided to buy it. It sounds like it will be an interesting Mystery/Thriller book, so hopefully I'll like it.
















So I have five books to hopefully read and enjoy for July. As for June, there are 1 or 2 very short books I might read. All My Friends Are Dead and The Time Machine.

Hope everybody has/had a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment