Monday, March 16, 2015

In The Hand Of The Goddess book review

In the Hand of the Goddess (Song of the Lioness book #2 of 4) by Tamora Pierce




















Paperback264 pages
Read: Feb. 21 - Mar. 16
Rating: 3.5/5
Genres: Fantasy, Action, Adventure, Magic, Young Adult
Summery: "I don't want to fall in love. I just want to be a warrior maiden."
Still disguised as a boy, Alanna becomes a squire to none other than the prince of the realm. Prince Jonathan is not only Alanna's liege lord, he is also her best friend -- and one of the few who knows the secret of her true identity. But when a mysterious sorcerer threatens the prince's life, it will take all of Alanna's skill, strength, and magical power to protect him -- even at the risk of revealing who she really is...
Filled with swords and sorcery, adventure and intrigue, good and evil, Alanna's second adventure continues the saga of a girl who dares to follow her dreams -- and the magical destiny that awaits her.

Review: This story starts of with Alanna, now fifteen, trying to find cover from the rain in a forest. This book was very hard for me to read, it felt very similar to the first book (Alanna), Although I feel like the first book had much better pacing. The beginning took me a long while to get into and the middle and ending had places where the way that the events that were taking place would be written moderately fast pace and it would make me gain interest, then a few pages afterwards the pacing would slow way down and I would lose interest again. I still really like all of the characters that I did from the last book though (although I didn't enjoy the romantic relationship that took place, the chemistry read more as friends so when they became romantic it felt off.), I also really like the plot and story, it's just the actual writing that I can't seem to get into. Also the ending gave me exactly the same feeling as the first book's ending did, It was very anti-climatic for me.


Also, for the release of the third book in the Penryn and The End of Days Series (End Of Days) which comes out May 12th, I'm so excited. I'm in a goodreads group that are re-reading the first two books in the series. For march we're re-reading Angelfall, and for April we're re-reading World After, So I'm going to have another review for those this month and the next.

Hope everybody had/has a great day : )

No comments:

Post a Comment