Tuesday, April 1, 2014

April T.B.R. List

Here is my April reading list

#1
Zombies Vs. Unicorns by Garth Nix, Alaya Dawn Johnson, Naomi Novik, Carrie Ryan, Margo Lanagan, Maureen Johnson, Diana Peterfreund, Scott Westerfeld, Meg Cabot, Cassandra Clare, Kathleen Duey, and Libba Bray, and Edited by Holly Black and Justine Larbalestier





















I had seen this book reviewed on so many youtube channels, and I love the fantasy, and supernatural genres that I had to buy this book. Now finally after a year of having it I have time to read it. By the way, the illustrations on the cover are awesome.

#2
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak






















I have had this book for two years, and my mom just bought the movie, I also have time to read most of my books now, so I decided to read the book, and then watch the movie, then review the book and the book to movie adaptation.

#3
Praying For Mercy (Mercy Thompson Book #1-3 of 9) by Patricia Briggs





















I got this book in February (I have a book haul with it in), Like I said I love the supernatural genre, and some of the reviews I've read say that the first book is more world and plot building than romance, which tends to be right up my ally, I'm probably going to read the first book only this month, I'm not sure, we'll see.

#4
Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury






















#5
Fahrenheit 451: The Authorized Adaptation by Tom Hamilton, with an Introduction by Ray Bradbury





















I read Fahrenheit 451 about 2 years back and really enjoyed it, so when I seen The Authorized Adaptation I had to buy it. So I've decided to re-read the Fahrenheit 451 book then read The Authorized Adaptation and review both.

#6
The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera






















I heard about this book from Meg & Dia's (I love this band) myspace blog quite a few years ago, and read the summery, then put it on my To Buy List and happened upon it at goodwill about 4 years ago.

#7
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter book #2 of 7) by J.K. Rowling




















I, of course, had to continue reading the series, I really loved the first book.

#8
Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas: The Film, the Art, the Vision by Frank Thompson with a Forward by Tim Burton




















I loved the movie, so when I seen this book at a Goodwill I had to buy it. I'm a little sad that it doesn't have a dust cover, but otherwise I'm really excited to read it.


So that's all the books I have on my reading list this month, depending on if I read just the first book in the Mercy Thompson combined book or all three, it would be 8 books if I just read the first, or it would be 10 books if I read a three.

I have about 130 to 140 books that are on my book shelves that I have yet to read. I have not had time until this year to begin to make a dent in my whole T.B.R. list, It's probably going to get bigger because I have quite a few books on my To Buy List.

Happy April Fools' Day, I hope everybody had a great, and safe April Fools' Day : )

No comments:

Post a Comment